Thursday, June 10, 2010

so sometimes i'm a maniac. who isn't?

today i got angry. so angry that i was shaking, which is really quite rare for me. i have to feel extremely disrespected to lash out. (and boy, did i lash.) funny thing is, i feel no remorse for losing my temper. i try to err on the side of kindness at every turn, but i am not a doormat. i dare anyone to treat me like one. i can go from zero to psycho in half a breath. a woman told me today that she couldn't wait to tell everyone she knew what a terrible business i have. (another first to catalogue.) i replied "please do. god forbid i ever have to see you or anyone else like you in my store again." too far?

things seem to break-even for me. shortly after my field trip to the dark-side i got a call from a director i looove. he asked me to read for a part. his notes on the character i'm reading for are as follows:

"she has such a big heart. even when she's hurting, she can't be mean-minded. she never loses hope. i think in the audition you should just play yourself as honestly as you're able to."

what kind, uplifting words. so i'm not perfect. and maybe everyone doesn't love me and my little shop of horrors. i got over pleasing everyone in grade eight. no love for you, shrew.

4 comments:

  1. Don't even give it another thought! I absolutely LOVE your store and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Your enthusiasm is contagious and I can't imagine why anyone would be so negative towards you. I can't wait to take another trip to Kelowna to get some more skirts and dresses and a dose of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt be too worried. You can't make everyone happy. Knowing you and your business, my conclusion is this woman has serious issues that have very little to do with you or the store.
    Ignore her.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...she obviously has no taste what-so-ever and is just that a miserable shrew! Loved ya the moment we bonded over shaved heads=) Who else can I call before a hot date to find me a great outfit? Just think of the guy who bought you the starbucks card next time someone like that comes in! Your store is one of the things I miss the most about the Okanagan! I searched Victoria for something similar and nothing compares! I rave about it to everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people live in their own little bubble of misery...pity them and good for you for sticking up for yourself! I was in your store a few weeks ago, searching for a dress for our engagement shoot. I was excited to stumble across your store and ecstatic that I met someone as driven and creative as you. You were genuinely kind and client-oriented and it is obvious that you are living your passion.
    Thank you for supporting local artists and businesses and for giving our community an awesome creative clothing and accessory resource!
    Also, thanks for giving me Rebecca Danielson's contact info.
    See you sooner than later!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete